Sunday, January 14, 2007

An ode to my Grandma

I cannot begin to write about life
For it is short.
Summed up neatly in a few memories
Like a bundle of old newspaper
Stored aside for occasional reference.
You lived.
And it ends.
Like that.
Neither can I write about death
Death is too long.
Smoked in hazy absence.
Like the mouth of a river
Seared and forsaken by the desert sand.
You died.
And it begins.
Like that.
I think I shall bury you in my unconsciousness
Or my childhood.
You can bring me to mornings.
Or fan me with a hand made bamboo fan
on humid summer nights.
Like you used to.
And you will remain.
A mist my eyes dread to part with
A quietude
this sable night brings.

5 Comments:

Blogger archetype said...

It's beautiful. "You can bring me to mornings.
Or fan me with a hand made bamboo fan
on humid summer nights."... Shomoi ke pichiye niye jai.. I hope it serves as a wonderful reminder of days that were blissful and honest in their wholesome innocence.

Bhalo laaglo pore..

Arko

4:06 AM  
Blogger nothing said...

Like this one. Truly.

7:25 AM  
Blogger Heathcliff said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

11:02 PM  
Blogger Heathcliff said...

Haven't visit your blog for a long time....
as i came to peep in today I found myself treading on the good old memories of misty morning, with Her gaze following me as I crawled around in a futile attempt to kill a fly.

this one makes me miss her all the more.

11:09 PM  
Blogger ~Rashi~ said...

beautiful...priceless..as always

1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home