Friday, October 13, 2006

An Ode to Nothingness

After relentless winters
and numbing spinning nights
with oblivion piled up man high
amidst half burnt fires
quietly burning away
from my eyes to your touch.

A song remains undone
like grey black brown shades of the earth
the earth that I walk on
the earth that envelops me
and a dream
that comes to me sometimes
with you.

Not with the rain
It is colder now,
neither with light.
the sun is too distant.
Why? I do not know. I do not ask.

The winds don’t come here anymore.
They do not bind me like the arms
of a hungry lover
maybe they have gone with you too.

And those who want to know where you are.
I tell them that you are with tomorrows
In sun and shadows playing
in the laughter of nights
in the flow of rivers.
Everywhere.

Only I cannot find you.

Tomorrow I shall tell them
that I have found nothing.
that exists
without you.
except me.
For you are not with me.

Maybe my pain and love and anger
Are too shallow and too moist
And you don’t want to live here.

Someday I know I will have you
In my song
blooming
But till then
I have hope and my silence.

2 Comments:

Blogger March Hare said...

profound.
and fuzzy around the edges. :)

2:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Maybe my pain and love and anger
Are too shallow and too moist
And you don’t want to live here."

I feel as though these words were my own.

Beautifully written, sir.

3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home