Friday, October 27, 2006

Traces

The divide widens
as I nomad across long lost dreams
the distance steals your thought
oceans, only a calm stream remains.
and we smile.

How far do the dusks lie?
I want to sleep.
My eyes are worn out
forgetting you.
my fingers can’t feel the scorching sand.
or recall the cascading humidity of your lips.

How long before it rains?
before I lose my way back to you?
How many tides before I cannot recall how to forget you.

How many winds must slip out my fingers?
How many unattainings before I am lost to the sea.

How many lemongrass afternoons
Before I let it go
And remain hushed amidst
the whispers of wildflower moons.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"the distance steals your thought
oceans, only a calm stream remains.
and we smile."

What do I say to that...

it's a lovely poem, Mr. Roy (:

11:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home